Tag Archives: cisco live

Interview with David Major, Discussing CLN

During Cisco Live 2014, the Cisco team tracked me down and talked to me about my role and the value of the Cisco Learning Network. Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream Links CLN Forum Link Cisco Learning Network Home

Posted in Blogroll, Certification, Cisco Live, Events, General, Technology | Tagged | Leave a comment

My #FAIL at #CLUS and Cisco Testing RANT

I’m about to publicly humiliate myself by sharing today’s private humiliation. To make a long story short, I took 640-554 (CCNA Security) and got the “We Regret to Inform you, blah, blah, blah…” Actually after I’d seen the first 10 questions … Continue reading

Posted in CCNA Security, Certification, Cisco Live, Events, Security, Technology | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments

7 Quick Tips for Cisco Live Attendees

It’s only a few weeks until Cisco Live US! Since will be my fourth experience with Cisco Live, I am considered a NetVet. Each year there are many first-time attendees. With that in mind, I wanted to share a handful … Continue reading

Posted in Certification, Events, General, Technology | Tagged | 2 Comments

Salman Khan to Deliver Closing Keynote at Cisco Live

I heard it on good authority today that Salman Khan will be delivering the closing keynote at Cisco Live. Sal Khan started a non-profit educational organization known as The Khan Academy that utilizes the web as a teaching and delivery tool. The primary … Continue reading

Posted in Cisco Live, Events, Technology | Tagged | Leave a comment

Cisco VIRL – The Virtual Internet Routing Lab

Cisco has been talking for some time about a product that I’m really excited about. This product is known as “VIRL”, pronounced like “viral”. VIRL is short for Virtual Internet Routing Lab. The promise is this will use IOU, short … Continue reading

Posted in Blogroll, Career, CCIE Security, CCNA, CCNA Security, Certification, Cisco Live, Events, General, Network, Technology | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

Cisco Live 2013, A Week In Pictures

I wanted to take a few minutes and share some of the pictures from Cisco Live 2013 in Orlando. Most of these were taken on my smart phone, but a few were shared by others. I hope that seeing Cisco … Continue reading

Posted in Cisco Live, Events, Technology | Tagged | 2 Comments

Could the IoE be the Killer App for IPv6?

A good part of Cisco Live was the discussion around the Internet of Everything, or IoE. Cisco believes that we have only networked about 1% of what will be networked. The remaining 99% represents devices that are yet to be … Continue reading

Posted in Cisco Live, Events, Rant, Technology | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Cisco Live 2013, A Success For Me

As many of you know, I spent this week in Orlando, Florida with many others from the technical community. According to some of the totals I heard, I actually spent the week with about 20,000 of my friends in networking. … Continue reading

Posted in Career, CCIE Security, Certification, Cisco Live, Events, Technology | Tagged | 1 Comment

Tweeps at #CLUS, Don’t Forget About the Tweetup!

As best described in Tom Hollingsworth’s article, there will be a Social Media gathering today at 5PM. This will be held at the Cisco Live Social Media Hub. There is no need to pre-register or anything–just show up! I have … Continue reading

Posted in Blogroll, Cisco Live, Events, Technology | Tagged | 1 Comment

Cisco Live 2013 – Just Around the Corner

Cisco Live US is just around the corner. It is actually a little less than 5 weeks from now. For those who have procrastinated and are just now scheduling sessions, there could be some issues with availability. I have been … Continue reading

Posted in Certification, Cisco Live, Events, General, Technology | Tagged | Leave a comment

Is Cisco Trying to Tell Us a Story?

Within the past week or so, several interesting announcements have been made regarding Cisco Systems. I’m really starting to get curious what the theme and message of Cisco Live US will be this year. Recent Announcements Linksys Being Sold to … Continue reading

Posted in Events, Technology | Tagged | Leave a comment

Cisco Live 2012–CCIE Party Venue Confirmed!

Well I have speculated for months that Cisco Live CCIE Party would be at the USS Midway. Yesterday I received my invite and can officially confirm the party is at the USS Midway Museum. This looks like a really cool venue. This … Continue reading

Posted in Events, Technology | Tagged | 1 Comment